Media and PR executive
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Forest-Community-Shed/opportunities/Media-and-PR-executive/69761 to join
SummaryThe main role is to promote the Shed, whom to target and how. This includes finding volunteers to help run the Shed, the roles needed and reaching those in need
Tasks include managing how information about The Shed is disseminated to the public, and especially the media, to disseminate important company news or events, and maintain the Shed image.
· Create captivating, innovative, and relevant social media content both from activities in the workshop and at off-site locations and events
· Produce highly engaging media content, plus written content (articles, emails etc).
· Identify affordable and relevant advertising space in magazine and website's classified and display sections
· Build strong relationships with new and existing contacts
· Support events and projects, take photographs to promote Shed activity and create social media posts.
The Forest Community Shed is a volunteer community group, for everyone, providing a social environment for wellbeing through shared creativity. Members can socialise, learn new skills, and hone existing ones, working on their own projects, community projects, and projects that support Orchard Trust.
Tasks to include:
· Identify how to reach those in need, the elderly and those who are isolated and lonely
· Liaise with health professionals including social prescribers to support their clients
· Help identify volunteers needed to help run The Shed
· Suggest and implement promotional activities to reach potential volunteers and members.
Carrying out community projects is an important part of the shed, members get great value and self-worth from working together to benefit others. They generated income and supports other community groups and those in need.
Help is needed to:
• Promote the community project service
• Identify the most appropriate customers/groups and focus on potential customers
• Liaise with community groups, forums or networks where local community groups connect
• Attendance of meetings involving community groups in the area if appropriate
• Manage expectations
• Get customer feedback
• Promote work done.
Showcasing the Shed
This is an opportunity to gain good will and support and increase membership. Some sales are also possible. You will need to:
· identify worthwhile events
· negotiate a free/affordable pitch
· liaise with Shed to determine activities offered
· promote the event to members for participation/support
· Identify sales items that can be made in The Shed of good quality and profit
· Record the event and publicise on social media.
• Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives
• Inquisitive and self-motivated.
· Primarily home-based with outbound prospecting through phone and email
· Time to research and contact other groups
· Attend directors’ meetings or workshops periodically for feedback
· Occasional attendance at off-site projects, fairs and events.
About Forest Community Shed
A voluntary community group, for everyone, providing a social environment for well being through shared creativity