Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Dr-Jenners-House/opportunities/Learning-Volunteer/66124 to join
SummaryHelp us with our busy and fun educational events and workshops.
The learning programme at a Dr Jenner's House is growing.
We are currently rolling out new workshops for Key Stage 1 and 2 pupils and are working on sessions for older pupils and university students.
What will I do?
This is a really varied role, so you could be:
• Welcoming school groups and helping them to find their way around;
• Leading tours and workshops;
• Running sessions at schools and community venues;
• Helping with craft and other family learning activities;
• Assisting in the development of new programmes;
• Working with other team members to devise family friendly displays in the museum;
• Finding out more about activities through regular meetings and briefings.
We welcome school groups throughout the year, sometimes at short-notice. Sessions last for around 3-6 hours and usually take place between 10:00 and 16:00, although some learning groups visit in the evenings. We also hold family events at weekends and during school holidays. We’d love to hear from you, no matter how much time you are able to commit.
Dr Jenner's House really is the most stunning place to work and most of our volunteers stay for many years having joined. The atmosphere is lovely and calm and the volunteers have created are a warm and supportive team.
Full training will be given. As this role may have some direct contact or sole supervision of children and young people, you will be asked to undergo a DBS check at an enhanced level.