Event Support Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Allsorts/opportunities/Event-Support-Volunteer/52712 to join
SummaryAre you someone with experience of organising work-based social activities or family social events, to use these skills to support the smooth running of events.
This role is based within Gloucestershire at a variety of venues appropriate to the event being held.
What activities will you be involved in?
• Helping to design the event
• Setting up the event at the agreed venue
• Supporting the running of the event.
• Helping to pack down after the event has ended.
What can you gain from this opportunity?
• Ongoing support and supervision
• Making a difference to families who have children with disabilities and additional needs
• Experience of working with an innovative and growing organisation
• Getting involved in your local community
• Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses as defined in Allsorts’ volunteer policy
Is there an induction and training?
• You will receive a full induction before you start
What are we looking for?
• Someone who is passionate about raising the profile of disabled children and young adults.
• Someone who has a confident outgoing personality and an organised approach
• Someone with previous experience of event organisation.
Due to the nature of this role volunteers will be required to complete a DBS form and provide referees.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
Allsorts provides activities and support groups for children and young adults with additional needs and their families in Gloucestershire. We currently support 341 families, which equates to over 1,361 individuals.
What is Allsorts mission?
To make Gloucestershire an inclusive community in which families with children with additional needs feel supported, included, and able to contribute. Allsorts strives to help members forge new friendships, try new things, and most importantly reduce isolation.
What does Allsorts offer to members?
Sports and Fitness Activities including:
Trampoline club, Football, Softball – a sport similar to Rounders, Boccia – an inclusive sport similar to Boules
Clubs and Activities including:
Baby and Toddler Groups, Toy Library lending drop-in sessions, Gaming Club, Sibling Club, Friday night Youth Club
Support Groups including:
Grandparents Group and Parent and Carer Group
Family Trips – for example to local attractions supported by the Allsorts Support Workers
Where is Allsorts based?
Allsorts Activity Hub on the third floor in Brunel Mall, Stroud.
Allsorts Toy Library
The Allsorts Toy Library, based in the Activity Hub has over 1,000 specialist toys and pieces of equipment.
Each item is designed to make fun and learning accessible for every child with an additional need.
The Hub also has a Sensory room and Music room and is equipped with state-of-the-art sensory ceiling lighting throughout.
Allsorts is also one of the few places in Gloucestershire to have a Changing Places facility which anyone with a need in the local community can use.
The Hub is also the base for positive and friendly support groups, including:
• Parent and carer support groups
• Drop-in advice sessions (EHCP and Positive Behaviour Support)
• Baby sensory play groups
• Toddler play sessions
• Toy library lending drop in sessions