Volunteer Admin (Flexible Job Share Available)
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Top-of-Town-Community-Hub/opportunities/Volunteer-Admin/76680 to join
SummaryJoin TOTCH as our new Volunteer Administrator(s)! Help support our community hub with your organisational skills and passion for making a difference.
Volunteer Opportunity: Administrator(s) at Top of Town Community Hub (TOTCH)
Flexible Volunteer Job Share Available! Join the Heart of Our Community and Make a Difference Every Day, Even If You Can Only Spare a Few Hours a Week!
Top of Town Community Hub (TOTCH) is for anyone and everyone as well as Top of Town residents. Situated at Parliament Children’s Centre in the serene grounds of Sladebank Academy, and partnered with Top of Town TOTS, a stay and play for parents with toddlers, TOTCH offers a warm and welcoming space for guests to sit, chat, laugh and joke and enjoy its food hub, food pantry and hygiene bank. All can access WIFI and IT equipment, connect with statutory and welfare representatives, and enjoy fun social activities like community cooking sessions, discos, gardening, a pre-loved clothes rail as well as arts and crafts. Hot, delicious food is offered on a ‘pay what you can, if you can’ basis and everyone is welcome at TOTCH.
Established in 2021 during the Covid-19 pandemic, TOTCH first began in partnership with The Long Table with a Freezer of Love, providing free nutritious meals to the local community. Much of the food today comes through FareShare with the support of the Network of Stroud Hubs, of which TOTCH is a member, but local supermarkets readily contribute and TOTCH’s in-house gardener is working hard to produce more homegrown vegetables for the kitchen. This year, TOTCH hopes to develop outdoor adventure play in its wild area, “chop and chat” sessions, beginner yoga and other fun classes and activities. As always, TOTCH welcomes eager volunteers and people who want to lead their own activities. In the meantime, TOTCH will continue to follow its core value: a delicious homemade meal, shared with friends young and old, makes for a perfect day.
The Role: Administrator(s) (Flexible Job Share Available)
We're seeking passionate individuals to support TOTCH's operations, with options for job sharing to accommodate your schedule. Whether you can commit a few hours a week or more, your contribution is crucial to ensuring our hub runs smoothly and continues to serve as a beacon of hope and community spirit.
1. Attending Meetings and Taking Minutes: Actively participate in meetings, ensuring detailed minutes are recorded and shared as necessary.
2. Responding to Emails and Phone Calls: Serve as a primary point of contact for the organisation, managing correspondence efficiently.
3. Assisting in Event Planning and Coordination: Play a crucial role in the planning and execution of community events, from initial concept to day-of activities.
4. Overseeing Communication with Stroud Town Council and Network of Stroud Hubs (NoSH): Maintain effective communication channels with Stroud Town Council and NoSH, ensuring smooth correspondence.
5. Maintain Digital and Physical Filing Systems: Organise and manage both digital and physical records, keeping information accessible and secure.
6. Maintain System to Record Relevant Data: Oversee a system for recording important data, including details relevant to fundraising efforts and volunteer participation, in adherence with GDPR requirements.
7. Writing or Assisting in Writing Grant Applications: Engage in the grant application process, either by writing applications or assisting others in doing so, to secure funding for the hub.
8. Coordination of Volunteers and Recruitment of New Volunteers: Manage the coordination, scheduling, and recruitment of volunteers, fostering a welcoming and organised volunteer programme.
9. Develop the Admin Role and Others and Look for Opportunities for Development: Seek out and embrace opportunities for personal and organisational growth, aiming to enhance the role of Administrator and the overall team dynamic.
10. Supporting the Team with All Other Administrative Tasks: Provide comprehensive support to the team, handling a variety of administrative tasks as needed to ensure the efficient operation of TOTCH.
Qualities We're Looking For
- Strong Organisational Skills: Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities efficiently, with a keen attention to detail.
- Effective Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable responding to emails and phone calls, and able to convey information clearly and concisely.
- Computer Literacy: Proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), and the ability to quickly learn new software as required.
- Record Keeping: Experience with maintaining digital and physical filing systems, and an ability to organise information in a way that is easily accessible.
- Data Management: Ability to maintain systems for recording relevant data, including volunteer contributions and fundraising efforts.
- Team Collaboration: A team player who can also work independently, supporting the team with a variety of administrative tasks.
- Initiative and Development: A proactive approach to not only fulfilling your role but also seeking ways to improve processes and support the development of the hub and its volunteers.
- Experience in a Similar Role: While previous experience in an administrative or coordination role is highly desirable, it is not mandatory, and we strongly welcome applicants without prior experience who are eager to take on a new challenge.
Don't worry if you don't have all the skills listed or if you're more interested in certain tasks over others. We're excited to welcome anyone who wants to contribute, learn, and grow with us.
We understand everyone has different schedules and commitments. That's why we offer flexible volunteer job sharing for this role, requiring an average commitment of 4 hours per week per person, including the option to work remotely. Our core need is Tuesday mornings (10am-2pm) for our food hub operations, but we're open to discussing how we can make volunteering with us fit around your schedule.
Training and Support
Comprehensive orientation to TOTCH and its operations. Ongoing support from our friendly and experienced team. Opportunities for personal and professional development including access to a comprehensive suite of online training.
Benefits to the Volunteer
Being part of a dynamic, supportive and friendly community. Making new connections over delicious food. Gaining valuable administrative and organisational skills. Making a tangible difference in the lives of community members. Opportunities to initiate and lead new projects or activities.
Interested in making a difference with TOTCH but worried you might not have the right skills or time? We encourage you to apply anyway!
Send us your CV or a brief cover letter outlining what you're passionate about, your skills and experience and why you want to volunteer with us in this role. Flexible volunteer job sharing is available, and we're looking for people with various skills and availability. If you don't have a current DBS check, don't worry - we'll provide one for successful candidates.
Top of Town Community Hub (TOTCH) is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity organisation. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or other protected characteristic. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all staff, volunteers and hub guests. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply for this role, especially those who believe they contribute to the diversity of our community hub. If you have a passion for community service and meet the qualifications for the role, we would love to hear from you.
Deadline for Applications
There is no deadline for applications. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
For more information or to have an informal chat about the role, please contact us through the Go Volunteer Glos website.
Join us at TOTCH and help us continue to make our community a place of warmth, support, and shared joy. Your contribution as an Administrator will enable us to extend our reach and impact, creating brighter days for everyone we serve.
About Top of Town Community Hub
Established in 2021 during the Covid-19 pandemic, TOTCH first began in partnership with The Long Table with a Freezer of Love, providing free nutritious meals to the local community. Much of the food today comes through FareShare with the support of the Network of Stroud Hubs (NoSH), of which TOTCH is a member, but local supermarkets readily contribute and TOTCH’s in-house gardener is working hard to produce more homegrown vegetables for the kitchen. This year, TOTCH hopes to develop outdoor adventure play in its wild area, “chop and chat” sessions and beginner yoga and other classes and activities. As always, TOTCH welcomes eager volunteers and people who want to lead their own activity. In the meantime, TOTCH will continue to follow its core value: a delicious homemade meal, shared with friends young and old, makes for a perfect day.