Jewellery Assistant - Tetbury
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Tenovus-Cancer-Care/opportunities/Jewellery-Assistant---Tetbury/73374 to join
SummaryWe need a volunteer with an interest in jewellery to clean, price accordingly, possibly research and merchandise our shop floor.
Why am I needed?
Community is at the heart of everything that we do at Tenovus Cancer Care to help those affected by cancer. Our aim is simple – to deliver a vision where fewer people get cancer and those that do receive equal access to excellent treatment. However, we can’t do this without your help. Our shops in local communities are crucial to us raising vital funds. So, we’d like you to volunteer your time and commitment to help us make a difference. We are looking for someone with a passion and interest of jewellery, including costume jewellery. We get lots of donated goods such as gold / silver / designer. We would need a volunteer to clean, price accordingly, possibly research and merchandise our shop floor.
What will I be doing?
- Accepting donations from the public
- Cleaning, researching and pricing goods
- Putting goods on display in the shop
- Displaying jewellery on the shop floor ensuring the items are rotated regularly to increase sales
- Maintaining high levels of shop standards, presentation and cleanliness
- Speaking with customers, making them welcome and answering queries
- Promoting awareness of the charity and the services that we provide
How much time do I need to commit?
We’d need you to give around three hours per week if you can with the possibility to do more if you’d like to. However, we appreciate any time you’d like to give; please let us know this on your application form.
What benefits can I expect?
- Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed in line with organisational policy
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a vital difference to the work of Tenovus Cancer Care, and in particular the people who access our unique services
- The opportunity to be creative and bring new ideas to the shop whilst developing your creative and design skills
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- Access to all internal vacancies
- Access to training
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of our Retail Team
- The chance to gain experience of helping Wales’ leading cancer charity.
Where will I be based?
In the Tetbury Tenovus Cancer Care shop
Whether you’re a volunteer, supporter, or staff member, we want everyone to feel welcome at Tenovus Cancer Care. We are committed to greater diversity across our people to make sure we have a breadth of experience, skills and perspective that reflects the communities we serve.
We are working to ensure that Tenovus Cancer Care is a fair and equitable place to volunteer. We strive to ensure everyone is treated fairly, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sexual orientation, religion, or belief, or because someone is married or in a civil partnership.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Tenovus Cancer Care
Give hope. Help cope.
We are a Wales-based charity giving help, hope, and a voice to everyone affected by cancer.