Re-engage is a charity that is positive about older age and committed to fighting loneliness so that people can have social lives and friendship groups however old they are. We inspire and enable ...
Tea party host
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Re-engageuk/opportunities/Tea-party-host/56896 to join
SummaryHelp tackle loneliness and social isolation among older people through hosting tea parties!
Tea parties provide a lifeline of friendship for our older people, and the regular, warm, friendly chats and companionship provide a vital link with the outside world from which they have become isolated. Re-engage needs enthusiastic volunteers to work as tea party hosts.
This is a flexible, voluntary role that can easily be fitted in around your own lifestyle and availability. As a volunteer host you will run a local Re-engage tea party one to two times a year. You will host a group of four to 12 people (which includes drivers, the group coordinator as well as older guests) in either your home or a community venue. The tea parties will last around two hours and will usually take place on a Sunday afternoon. You must be comfortable socialising with people and providing guests and other volunteers with refreshments.
You will need two references and to complete an ID check for this role.
- Welcoming a group of older guests and volunteer drivers into your home or to the community venue.
- Providing and serving refreshments for your group – usually food and drinks for afternoon tea.
- Liaising with your group coordinator to ensure dietary requirements and the older guests' needs are met prior to the tea party.
- Informing the group coordinator of any safeguarding concerns or issues you might have.
- Following all guidance in your host training modules to ensure that the tea parties are enjoyable, appropriate, and in line with our charitable aims.
What we will provide to volunteers🤝 Extra support
Our volunteers work together to create better communities and help to enrich the lives of our members by giving them something to look forward to.
Older people who may have felt very alone, now feel valued as individuals, continue to form friendships, and have groups that give support. We make sure that people know they are important well into old age. Respectful, determined, warm, pioneering, and local: we are Re-engage and we are bringing generations together.