Llanthony Secunda Priory in Gloucester is the remains of a once large and important Augustinian Priory which was founded outside the city walls in 1136. It is a scheduled monument with listed ...
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Llanthony-Secunda-Priory-Trust/opportunities/Event-Steward/53117 to join
SummaryAs an event steward volunteer you will be the public face of Llanthony Secunda Priory during our public events.
Event Steward Volunteer
• To assist and provide information to visitors to the event
• Assist in promoting event activities
• Escort vehicles to parking area
• Monitor visitor numbers with the use of a clicker
• Set up and pack up of event where necessary
• Ensure site is always clean and tidy
• Work as part of a team
• Work always in accordance with the aims of LSP, and appropriate policies, particularly those for equality, diversity, safeguarding and health and safety.
Llanthony Secunda Priory Trust is looking for event stewards volunteer to support our various events throughout the year. These are likely to include our monthly open days, theatrical and musical performances, family days and private tours. Hours will vary dependent on each event and your availability. On average our events are held between 11am and 3pm but we do have several evening events planned.
We have a wide range of events planned so you can pick which events you would like to volunteer on. There is no requirement to volunteer on every event.
You don’t need experience to volunteer as a steward as training will be given. Some experience of working with the public and an approachable manner would be advantageous. Qualities we are looking for include:
• As interest in historic buildings and arts and culture
• Reliable, punctual, and diligent
• Well presented, friendly, polite, and approachable
• Able to work as part of a team
• Flexible, can-do attitude
• Enthusiastic in promoting Llanthony Secunda Priory
What we offer you:
As a small team, we value and appreciate the support our volunteers give us. Event Steward volunteers play a vital part in the success of our events and help to ensure that our visitors return.
You will have the opportunity to:
• Experience a busy customer facing environment
• Be part of a friendly working environment
• Get to work in a beautiful grade I and II listed site
• Be part of maintaining an important heritage site in Gloucester
• Free parking on event days (subject to availability)
What we expect from volunteers:
As a charity Llanthony Secunda Priory expects the relationship with volunteers to be mutually beneficial, with both staff and volunteers benefiting from working together.
We expect volunteers:
• To treat staff, visitors and fellow volunteers with respect and consideration.
• To promote Llanthony Secunda Priory in a positive way to the public
• To act professionally when representing Llanthony Secunda Priory in public (on site at Llanthony Secunda Priory as well as when representing Llanthony Secunda Priory elsewhere)
• To communicate issues and/or concerns with staff
• To adhere to the LSP Trust’s decisions, policies, and procedures
• To always conduct your role safely, for your own safety as well as others
Our volunteer training covers topics relevant to volunteering at Llanthony Secunda Priory Trust, including induction, event orientation, knowledge, skills, and interaction with others.
An outline of induction and the training available for volunteers and how they are delivered can be found in the Volunteer Handbook under Information on Volunteering at Llanthony Secunda Priory Trust. Llanthony Secunda Priory Trust hopes to expect that all volunteers will operate within the expected practice detailed above and in the Volunteer Handbook.
In addition, a briefing will be given at the start of each event where everyone will be given a role. Support will be given from the Duty Manager.
How to apply
Click 'Join' and answer a short questions. We will then be in touch to discuss the next steps with you.