Cafe Volunteer at Jet Age Museum
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Jet-Age-Museum/opportunities/Cafe-Volunteer-at-Jet-Age-Museum/63503 to join
SummaryAs part of our customer-facing team you will ensure that high quality and great value food and drink is served to customers from a clean and safe environment.
Key activities and responsibilities
· Serving pre-prepared items and food, making coffee, tea and other drinks as required and collecting payment using the Café till and card machine.
· On Normal Opening Days (NODs), re stocking the café from the store (access thru’ the office) as might be necessary and notifying the Café Manager via the Duty Manager of any shortages.
· Cleaning the café area as might be necessary during a NOD to ensure it is safe and hygienic at all times.
· Check that all café facilities, equipment or furnishings are in good order and to report any damage to the Duty Manager.
· Follow the normal operating plan, ensuring correct opening and closing times and setting up, checking and recording fridge and freezer temperatures and clearing down as required.
· Cashing up at the end of the day and completing the daily paperwork.
· Refer customer feedback, comments or complaints to the Café Manager via the Duty Manager.
· Be familiar and up-to-date with all policy and procedures in particular JAM safeguarding policies. Alert the Safeguarding Co-ordinator if you have any have concerns about any young or vulnerable person.
· Uphold the highest standards of health and safety, cleanliness and professionalism and use your own initiative to respond quickly to issues or challenges that may arise when you are on duty.
Any other duties as would be expected of a café volunteer at the museum.
Getting thereLocation: Jet Age Museum is at Meteor Business Park, off Cheltenham Road East (the B4063), on the north side of Gloucestershire Airport. Look for the traffic lights between the large white Safran building and the Ontic building. Turn off the main road into Meteor Business Park at the lights and the Museum’s blue gates will be on your right (see pics below). The address is: Meteor Business Park, Cheltenham Road East, Gloucester GL2 9QL If using the What Three Words app, the square just in front of the main Jet Age Museum gates is shift.secretly.influence There is no pedestrian or vehicle access to the Museum from the Airport. If using a Satellite Navigation System and postcode, please note that this will take you to the eastern entrance of Meteor Business Park from where you will need to follow either the main road or the internal Business Park road westbound until you arrive at Jet Age Museum at the western end of the Business Park.
About Jet Age Museum
Jet Age Museum is staffed only by volunteers, some of whom flew in aircraft we have on display. Come and visit, ask questions and learn about the history of aviation in Gloucestershire and beyond. We aim to preserve the past and inspire the future.