Gloucestershire Nightstop is a charity that works to prevent and end youth homelessness across Gloucestershire.
We work with 16-25 year olds and offer Emergency Accommodation through our network of ...
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Gloucestershire-Nightstop/opportunities/Volunteer-Driver/52502 to join
SummaryDo you want to make a difference to young people's lives? Be a driver with Nightstop, and you will directly be helping young people build a brighter future.
WHAT VOLUNTEER DRIVING
Volunteer drivers meet young people at a pre-arranged place, drive them to their host’s home, make introductions and call the project to confirm that the guest has arrived safely.
The time commitment is flexible and as a volunteer driver you can choose how often you are available for driving. Our drivers are able to make Nightstop fit around their normal lives, this is done via submitting availability on our online calendar volunteer portal.
We provide comprehensive training with information about youth homelessness and safeguarding to equip you with the knowledge that you will need. It is important that you are reliable, non-judgmental and good listener who is willing to be a reassuring presence.
What we expect from you
- Full clean driving license
- Own car with insurance, tax and an MOT
- Be willing to have an enhanced DBS check if you do not have one (we can facilitate this)
- Complete training, and the onboarding process
- Communicate with staff if plans change
- Complete availability calendar
- Communicate any support needs
What to expect from us
- Support and training
- Check in with you, before and after every trip
- Expenses covered (45p per mile)
- Provide extra training, and supervision
- Social events & thank yous
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Gloucestershire Nightstop
We work with 16-25 year olds and offer Emergency Accommodation through our network of Volunteer Hosts; Longer- Term Accommodation through supported lodgings; Homelessness prevention grants through Juliet's Purse; Befriending- Peer Support from young people who have experienced homelessness themselves and Advice & Support to navigate the housing system.