GL Communities works in some of the most deprived areas of Gloucester, Matson, Robinswood and White City, Podsmead, Tuffley, Coney Hill and in Stroud we work Stonehouse, Cam and Dursley and the area ...
Money Advice Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/GL-Communities/opportunities/Money-Advice-Volunteer/53102 to join
SummaryWe are looking for volunteers work within our Debt Advice team and support people to find affordable solutions.
Money Advice Volunteer
Role: Money Advice Volunteer
Where: Advice and Resource Centre (ARC) Matson
We are looking for someone with a great personality, a can-do attitude and positive approach to work with our small team of Money Advisers helping people to improve their financial situation caused by being in debt.
Ø This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in the advice sector.
Ø You will be providing casework support for our team of Money Advisers.
Working under their supervision you will develop experience of the debt advice process - helping people set up a workable budget, maximising their income by benefits take up or applying for grants to help with arrears of Water Bills, other debts such as credit cards or bank overdrafts, even rent and mortgage arrears.
Assisting people reach affordable, reasonable and sustainable agreements with creditors and helping advisers guide their clients through insolvency options such as personal bankruptcy and Debt Relief Orders.
· Be friendly and approachable.
· Be non-judgemental, respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own.
· Be empathetic towards others and be able to evidence this.
· Have good listening skills.
· Have good verbal and written communication skills.
· Be willing to learn about and follow GL Communities Money Advice West aims, principles. and policies, including confidentiality and data protection.
· Have good IT skills. Knowledge of Word, Outlook, Office 365.
· Be willing to undertake development within in your role.
· A sound understanding of basic arithmetic, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
About GL Communities
We provide Advice and Advocacy, Education and Employability, Wellbeing and Social Inclusion with Community Development and Engagment throughout our work.
We have 3 bases Advice and Resource Centre, Ewe Space and Phoenix Centre all in Matson.
We run a volunteer project within all areas of our work and volunteers are an integral part of our organisation from our Board members to working alongside all our teams.