Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/GL-Communities/opportunities/Advice-Volunteer/53102 to join
SummaryWe are looking for volunteers work within our Advice team and support people on the phones to access emergency support and referrals for advice services.
Role: Advice Volunteer
Where: Advice and Resource Centre (ARC) Matson
We are looking for someone with a great personality, a can-do attitude, and a positive approach to work with our small team of advisors helping people to improve their financial situation caused by being in debt.
Ø This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in the advice sector.
Ø You will be providing telephone support for our team of Money Advisers.
Working under their supervision you will develop experience in the debt advice process - helping people set up a workable budget, maximizing their income by benefits taken up, or applying for grants to help with arrears of Water Bills, the first step being for emergency need on the day of the call.
· Be friendly and approachable.
· Be non-judgemental, and respect views, values, and cultures that are different from your own.
· Be empathetic towards others and be able to evidence this.
· Have good listening skills.
· Have good verbal and written communication skills.
· Be willing to learn about and follow GL Communities Money Advice West's aims, and principles. and policies, including confidentiality and data protection.
· Have good IT skills. Knowledge of Word, Outlook, Office 365.
· Be willing to undertake development within your role.
· A sound understanding of basic arithmetic, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
Getting thereWe are based on the main road into Matson and we sit on the first roundabout where the building has a beautiful mural on the building that you cannot miss.
About GL Communities
We provide Advice and Advocacy, Education and Employability, Wellbeing and Social Inclusion with Community Development and Engagment throughout our work.
We have 3 bases Advice and Resource Centre, Ewe Space and Phoenix Centre all in Matson.
We run a volunteer project within all areas of our work and volunteers are an integral part of our organisation from our Board members to working alongside all our teams.