Barnardo's - Gloucester, Forest and Stroud Targeted Family Support Service provides targeted Family Support Service for children pre-birth to 11yrs and their families. Providing outreach services ...
Children's Activity Support - Group Helper (Supporting Targeted Group Sessions)
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Barnardos--Gloucester-Forest-and-Stroud-Targeted-Family-Support-Service/opportunities/Childrens-Activity-Support---Group-Helper-Supporting-Targeted-Group-Sessions/70130 to join
SummaryOur Community Group volunteers work across a range of groups, including Parenting Programmes, Family Time sessions and Targeted Group sessions.
You will be supporting our Community Team, Marvellous Mum's Group at Bartongate Children's Centre, Gloucester by:
• Setting up group activities in advance and clearing away afterwards. This might include preparing refreshments/snacks, organising the layout of the room, preparing resources, and tidying the room after the group.
• Sharing knowledge and experience about parenting and offering positive solutions to difficult circumstances.
• Providing a listening ear and emotional support to parents in problematic situations.
• Assisting children and young people and families to improve their self-confidence, develop social skills and build positive relationships.
• Role modelling positive behaviour and interactions during sessions.
• Collating and evaluating feedback from children, young people and parents.
• Welcoming new members to groups and helping them to settle into the group environment. • Helping to build socially inclusive groups service users feel safe to attend and able to participate fully.
• Creating a welcoming and non-judgemental environment for groups to take place.
• Engaging children, young people and families in fun activities during groups, which might include messy play, outdoor activities, positive play.
• Encouraging parents to play and engage with their children, to help empower them to achieve better outcomes for their children.
We are looking for volunteers, with a passion for making a difference in children’s lives, a fun and approachable attitude and an ability to engage young people in worthwhile and enjoyable activities.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Barnardo's - Gloucester, Forest and Stroud Targeted Family Support Service
We exist to create a world in which no child is turned away from the help they need.