Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/ReConnect-Gloucestershire-CIC/opportunities/Driver/53654 to join
SummaryCan you drive a stroke survivor to a support group to meet others affected by stroke?
ReConnect supports people affected by Stroke, Dementia, Aphasia, and other long term health conditions to connect with each other. We facilitate a peer befriending scheme and peer support groups across Gloucestershire.
As a Volunteer Driver, you will:
- meet a person affected by a long-term health condition
- transport them to a peer support group, accompanying them if needed to help grow their confidence.
- offer company, empathy and encouragement.
- support a person to become more independent by accompanying them on public transport if, and when, they are ready.
This role might be perfect for you, if you have/are:
- a full clean driving licence.
- a well-maintained roadworthy vehicle you are happy to use for volunteering, we will ask to see a copy of your most recent MOT and tax.
- a confident and safe driver.
- empathetic and non-judgemental.
- happy to be autonomous with guidance from a key staff member.
- over 18 years old.
- without a diagnosis of a severe mental health condition.
- reliable, clean and presentable.
As a volunteer, you will benefit from:
- an induction and on-going training, covering safeguarding, health & safety.
- regular ongoing support from a staff member.
- meeting new people who have experienced a long-term condition.
- connection to your local community and support/social groups.
- being a valued member of an incredible and friendly team.
- out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed.
Location & time commitment:
- most volunteers commit to 1-2 hours per week for at least three months to provide consistency for the person they support.
- timing and location are flexible depending on your, and our befriendee’s, needs.
- To apply, please complete an application form
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at an enhanced level is required for this role. ReConnect will process this with you for free.
- Once we have received your application, references and DBS check we will arrange a time for your training and match you with a person.