Nature in Art is the world’s first museum dedicated exclusively to fine, decorative and applied art inspired by nature.
Nature in Art's growing collection is housed in a fine Georgian mansion ...
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Nature-in-Art/opportunities/Gallery-Steward/53649 to join
SummaryInteract with the public to enhance their visit whilst ensuring the
safety of the collection.
The role of a Gallery Steward involves some or all of the below activities:
• Welcome visitors and be the first point of call for questions/queries.
• Interact when appropriate with visitors to promote current exhibitions and events.
• Ensure all museum displays in the upstairs galleries remain secure and undamaged.
• To work as part of a team on a rota School Visits:
• Provide a warm and friendly atmosphere in the upstairs galleries.
• Offer direction to those children/adult groups if required.
Training will include:
• Tour of the Museum
• Fire/Emergency training
• Regular briefings on exhibitions
• Ongoing support from the staff team Benefits
• Interacting with a varied public
• Learn about our collection which spans 1500 years, 60 countries/cultures and over 600 artists/makers.
• Unlimited access to our temporary exhibitions.
• Work in a friendly environment and team.
• 10% discount in museum shop and free/discounted refreshments from the coffee shop.
• Invite to an annual Volunteer Celebration.
• Free ticket to a Wallsworth Evening (talk/lecture) of your choice each year.
Regular contribution: i.e. once a week, once a fortnight, once a month. Most stewards come for half a day.
Daily stewarding timeslots (Tuesday - Sunday):
• Morning: 10am - 1.30pm
• Afternoon: 1.30pm - 5pm
About Nature in Art
Nature in Art's growing collection is housed in a fine Georgian mansion (Wallsworth Hall) dating from the mid 1700’s. With regularly changing displays, vibrant temporary exhibitions and an unrivalled artist in residence programme, Nature in Art is a 'must visit' for all who are interested in world-class art, nature and heritage.