Llanthony Secunda Priory in Gloucester is the remains of a once large and important Augustinian Priory which was founded outside the city walls in 1136. It is a scheduled monument with listed ...
Open Day Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Llanthony-Secunda-Priory-Trust/opportunities/Open-Day-Volunteer/53118 to join
SummaryAs an Open Day Volunteer you will be the public face of Llanthony Secunda Priory during our Open Days welcoming visitors.
Open day volunteer
• Directing, assisting, and providing information to visitors on open days
• Selling Guidebooks, promoting our Friends Scheme, asking for donations and requesting feedback
• Monitor visitor numbers with the use of a clicker
• Setting up games on the lawn (weather permitting)
• Ensure the site is clean and tidy
• Work as part of a team
• Work always in accordance with the aims of LSP, and appropriate policies, particularly those for equality, diversity, safeguarding and health and safety.
Llanthony Secunda Priory Trust is looking for Open Day volunteers to support our monthly Open days throughout the year. Our Open Days are typically held between 11am and 3pm. There is no requirement to volunteer for the full four hours or on every event.
You don’t need experience to volunteer as an Open day Volunteer as training will be given. Some experience of working with the public and an approachable manner would be advantageous. Qualities we are looking for include:
• As interest in historic buildings and arts and culture
• A basic understanding of Llanthony’s history
• Reliable, punctual, and diligent
• Well presented, friendly, polite and approachable
• Able to work as part of a team
• Flexible, can-do attitude
• Enthusiastic in promoting Llanthony Secunda Priory
What we offer you:
As a small team, we value and appreciate the support our volunteers give us. Open Day Volunteers play a vital part in the success of our Open Days and help to ensure that our visitors have a great experience and want to come back and visit us again.
You will have the opportunity to:
• Experience a busy customer facing environment
• Be part of a friendly working environment
• Get to work in a beautiful grade I and II listed site
• Be part of maintaining an important heritage site in Gloucester
• Free parking on event days (subject to availability)
What we expect from volunteers:
As a charity Llanthony Secunda Priory expects the relationship with volunteers to be mutually beneficial, with both staff and volunteers benefitting from working together.
We expect volunteers:
• To treat staff, visitors and fellow volunteers with respect and consideration.
• To promote Llanthony Secunda Priory in a positive way to the public and our visitors
• To act professionally when representing Llanthony Secunda Priory in public (on site at Llanthony Secunda Priory as well as when representing Llanthony Secunda Priory elsewhere)
• To communicate issues and/or concerns with staff
• To adhere to the LSP Trust’s decisions, policies, and procedures
• To always conduct your role safely, for your own safety as well as others
Our volunteer training covers topics relevant to volunteering at Llanthony Secunda Priory Trust, including induction, event orientation, knowledge, skills, and interaction with others.
An outline of induction and the training available for volunteers and how they are delivered can be found in the Volunteer Handbook under Information on Volunteering at Llanthony Secunda Priory Trust. Llanthony Secunda Priory Trust hopes to expect that all volunteers will operate within the expected practice detailed above and in the Volunteer Handbook.
In addition, a briefing will be given at the start of each Open Day. Support will be given from the Duty Manager.
How to apply
If you would like to become an Open Day Volunteer, please click 'Join' and answer a short question. We will then be in touch to discuss the next steps.