Llanthony Secunda Priory in Gloucester is the remains of a once large and important Augustinian Priory which was founded outside the city walls in 1136. It is a scheduled monument with listed ...
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Llanthony-Secunda-Priory-Trust/opportunities/Cafe-Volunteer/53112 to join
SummaryAs a café volunteer you will be supporting our takeaway catering outlet (Clements Café) at Llanthony Secunda Priory.
• To welcome visitors and take orders and payments
• Make hot drinks, serve snacks, cold drinks, and ice creams
• Process retail sales, such as guidebooks and postcards
• Support in keeping the Servery area clean and the site free from litter
• Support more irregular jobs such as stock takes and accepting deliveries
• Work as part of a team
• Work always in accordance with the aims of LSP, and appropriate policies, particularly those for equality, diversity, safeguarding and health and safety.
• Willingness to attend or undertake Basic Food Hygiene training as appropriate??
Llanthony Secunda Priory Trust is looking for Café volunteers to support our various events throughout the year. These include our monthly open days, theatrical and musical performances, family days and private tours. Hours will vary dependent on each event and your availability. On average our events are held between 11am and 3pm but we do have several evening events planned.
We have a wide range of events planned so you can pick which events you would like to volunteer on. There is no requirement to volunteer on every event.
You don’t need experience to volunteer as a café volunteer as training will be given. Currently there is no requirement for cooking skills or barista-experience. Due to the nature of the tasks and the location, physical mobility is required.
Qualities we are looking for include:
• Experience in customer service, catering or retail would be advantageous
• An approachable welcoming manner to customers, understanding their requirements, and handling orders and payment.
• Reliable, punctual, and diligent Café Volunteer
• Well presented, friendly, polite, and approachable
• Able to work as part of a team
• Flexible, can-do attitude
• Enthusiastic in promoting Llanthony Secunda Priory
What we offer you:
As a small team, we value and appreciate the support our volunteers give us. Café volunteers play a vital part in the success of our events and help to ensure that our visitors return.
You will have the opportunity to:
• Experience a busy customer facing environment
• Be part of a friendly working environment
• Get to work in a beautiful grade I and II listed site
• Be part of maintaining an important heritage site in Gloucester
• Free parking on event days (subject to availability)
What we expect from volunteers:
As a charity Llanthony Secunda Priory expects the relationship with volunteers to be mutually beneficial, with both staff and volunteers benefiting from working together.
We expect volunteers:
• To treat staff, visitors and fellow volunteers with respect and consideration.
• To promote Llanthony Secunda Priory in a positive way to the public
• To act professionally when representing Llanthony Secunda Priory in public (on site at Llanthony Secunda Priory as well as when representing Llanthony Secunda Priory elsewhere)
• To communicate issues and/or concerns with staff
• To adhere to the LSP Trust’s decisions, policies, and procedures
• To always conduct your role safely, for your own safety as well as others
Our volunteer training covers topics relevant to volunteering at Llanthony Secunda Priory Trust, including induction, event orientation, knowledge, skills, and interaction with others.
An outline of induction and the training available for volunteers and how they are delivered can be found in the Volunteer Handbook under Information on Volunteering at Llanthony Secunda Priory Trust. Llanthony Secunda Priory Trust hopes to expect that all volunteers will operate within the expected practice detailed above and in the Volunteer Handbook.
In addition, a briefing will be given at the start of each event. Support will be given from the Duty Manager.
How to apply
If you would like to become a Café Volunteer, please click 'Join' and answer a short question. We will then be in touch to discuss the next steps.