Langley House Trust
Langley House Trust is an innovative, brave and far-reaching Christian charity that provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for individuals with a history of ...
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Langley-House-Trust1/opportunities/Activities-Assistant/61465 to join
SummaryTo engage clients in activities which will help to improve their health and wellbeing, develop their interests, teamwork and social skills that will help with t
Working under the direction of the Service Manager /Deputy and other staff members:
1. Liaise with clients and staff, establish activities which the clients would like to join in with.
2. Help to run group activities in the hostel, e.g. video game tournaments such as Fifa; film afternoons/ evenings, board games, quizzes, chess etc.
3. Research activities that are running in the community that clients can participate in.
4. Maintaining Professional Boundaries whilst engaging with clients.
5. Work with the Project to arrange social events for clients.
6. Assist clients in maintaining a Healthy lifestyle through activities.
7. Report back to Service Manager or staff team about client engagement.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About Langley House Trust
Langley House Trust is an innovative, brave and far-reaching Christian charity that provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for individuals with a history of offending behaviour, who are seeking to live crime-free lives. Since 1958, we have earned an enviable reputation for reducing reoffending. Our reconviction rate for people in our housing is one of the lowest in the Country, standing at 3%. Regardless of a person’s history, our passion is to change every life for the better, working with people of all faiths and none. Our person-centred support works and it changes lives!