Our mission is to support all local residents of Cam and Dursley to connect, develop and gain confidence and inspiration by providing a springboard for opportunities to create an economically and ...
Digital Inclusion Volunteers
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/GL11-Community-Hub/opportunities/Digital-Inclusion-Volunteers/62872 to join
SummaryTo provide friendly, accessible and informal one to one support for those over 55 who may struggle with IT. To provide advice, guidance and basic tuition.
To provide friendly, accessible and informal one to one support for those over 55 who may struggle with IT. To understand their needs, provide advice, guidance and tuition where possible. This could be anything from switching on a computer for the first time to setting up an email account to introducing them to video call software to speak to relatives. As more and more of our lives are spent online we want to ensure that older members of Cam and Dursley don’t get left behind.
Personal qualities and experience:
- An understanding of the ethos of GL11 CH and the needs of the residents who engage with us.
- Friendly and engaging manner.
- A good foundation in IT skills (but not necessarily an expert !)
- Able to relay information in a clear and concise way.
- Patient and understanding.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Use of initiative.
- Volunteers must be willing to work within guidelines and always follow confidentiality policies.