Footsteps Counselling and Care
Footsteps Counselling & Care is a charitable organisation offering compassionate counselling and care for anyone in the Gloucestershire area affected by pregnancy-related issues, the loss of a baby ...
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Footsteps-Counselling-and-Care/opportunities/Retail-Volunteer/53446 to join
SummaryAre you great with people, have an eye for detail or a flair for displays? Our charity shop team would love to hear from you.
As a small charity our shop in Gloucester city centre is a vital way for us to raise funds to support our work.
You could help make a real difference to people in Gloucestershire by helping in our shop, or behind the scenes.
Flexible volunteer opportunities!
Whether you can spare an hour or 4 hours, on a regular or ad hoc basis, any time you can offer will be greatly valued.
Our friendly shop team is looking for volunteers to help with sorting, steaming, and bringing a shine to displays. An hour or two’s volunteering, booked in advance, can make a big difference.
If you can support us in our Gloucester charity shop 2-4 hours weekly or fortnightly, particularly between 10.00am and 2.00pm, we’d love to hear from you. Term time only is also available.
Ideas of things we always really appreciate volunteer help with are:
- Tidying the books in the shop, restocking or changing the books over
- Creating eye catching window displays
- Creating displays in the shop on shelves
- Washing vases and ornaments and again changing these over so there are always new things for people to discover
- Cleaning toys so they look like new again
- Steaming clothes to make them fresh and crease free
- Serving customers in a helpful and friendly manner, using the till and handling cash and card transactions
- Packing up our eBay items and labelling them
Charity shop work can be great for helping to build skills for the world of work, it's a great way to meet knew people and you'll be a champion of sustainable fashion!