Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Dr-Jenners-House/opportunities/Welcome-Volunteer/53683 to join
SummaryOur Welcome Volunteers are the friendly face of Dr Jenner’s House. They inspire our visitors by bringing to life the story of Edward Jenner.
Our Welcome Volunteers are at the heart of our work. As the friendly face of Dr Jenner’s House they bring to life the story of Edward Jenner and inspire visitors by telling them more about his remarkable and ongoing legacy.
What will I do?
Although it’s fair to say that no two days are the same at Dr Jenner’s House, our Welcome Volunteers can usually be found:
- Providing a warm and friendly welcome to our visitors and answering any questions they may have;
- Selling tickets and shop items, and taking Gift Aid declarations using our till;
- Keeping a watchful eye on levels of leaflets, trails and activities, and shop stock, and topping up where necessary;
- Helping visitors who need additional assistance by offering them accessible guides;
- Attending regular briefings to keep up to date with the latest news and activities at Dr Jenner’s House.
Is it for me?
This could be the role for you if you:
- Love people;
- Are keen to see our visitors have the best possible day out;
- Enjoy working as part of a team;
- Are happy using a computer/till;
- Have an interest in the story of Edward Jenner.
Previous experience of working or volunteering in a museum environment is not necessary as a full induction and ongoing training is provided.
The museum is usually open from 11:00 - 16:00 on Sundays through to Wednesdays between April and September. We encourage Welcome Volunteers to commit to a full opening day but are happy to discuss alternative arrangements to suit your availability.
What else do I need to know?
Volunteering at Dr Jenner’s House is a great way to learn new skills, meet like-minded people and, of course, make a real contribution to our work as an independent charity. Our volunteer group is vibrant and friendly and there are regular social events.
Volunteers also receive:
- Free entry to the museum;
- 10% discount on full-price adult/concession admission for up to two friends/family members visiting with you, or 10% discount on a full-price family ticket for friends/family members visiting with you;
- 10% discount on paid-for museum events;
- 10% discount in the museum shop;
- Quarterly volunteer newsletter.
Please note this position is entirely voluntary and is therefore unpaid. If we offer you a volunteer role there is no intention to create a legally binding contract between us. Any agreement may be cancelled at the discretion of either party. Neither of us intends any employment relationship to be created either now or at any time in the future.