General Practice Link Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Change-Grow-Live/opportunities/General-Practice-Link-Volunteer/52849 to join
SummaryYour role as a GP (General Practice) Link Volunteer is to be the first point of contact within CGL following a new service user referral from a GP/Primary Care.
At Change Grow Live, Gloucestershire, we strive to ensure our services are warm and welcoming environments. Your role as a GP (General Practice) Link Volunteer is to be the first point of contact within CGL following a new service user referral from a GP/Primary Care or Social Prescriber.
This role will help bridge the gap between referral and assessment. Duties for the post include maintaining contact with the new service user and dealing with their initial queries, coordinating first appointments, signposting people to support that is available within the service and the community, and supporting to attend first appointments if required.
- As first point of contact with CGL, ensure new service users receive a friendly and efficient service
- Provide a link between GP/Social Prescriber and CGL services for the new service user
- Support entry into the service, contacting people to book into the Welcome Pod and carry out associated admin
- Offer support to the new service user between referral and assessment
- Ensure all queries are dealt with promptly and courteously
- Liaise with CGL staff and update case management contacts where appropriate
- Maintain accurate records of all contacts on our case management system
- Liaise with GP practices and provide leaflets and update notice boards as necessary
- Encourage service user feedback via the service feedback form, and the use of the suggestion box, to all clients accessing the service
Hours and days for this role can be negotiated at interview. The roles will be based at one of the hubs across the county (Gloucester/Cheltenham/Stroud). Please state your preference within your application.
Please note that we require you to be 18 years of age or older to be considered for this volunteering role.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Scheme check at a basic level.
We believe that having diverse people working as part of our team makes us the organisation that we are.
We actively encourage applications from people from all backgrounds to help us to provide the best possible experience for the people who use our services and to make Change Grow Live a great place to work. If you have any feedback on our recruitment processes (good or bad) we’d love to hear from you so that we can make sure they are fair and we attract and recruit the best, most diverse workforce possible.
The safety of vulnerable children, young people and adults is our absolute priority. We will support you in your role to make sure that you are equipped to support the safety of people who use our services and those around them, to the highest standard possible.
To apply, please click 'Join' and you will be asked a short question. We will then be in touch to discuss the next steps with you.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About Change, Grow, Live
The vision we're working towards is to develop, deliver and share a whole person approach that changes society.
We exist to help people achieve their goals, to be the best that they can be and to help change society for the better. This is true whether we are talking about the people who use our services, our staff or our volunteers.
We are not in control of everything that impacts upon the people who use our services. However, we are in control of what we do, how we behave and where we focus our expertise, resources and energy.
Our aim is to work together to challenge stigma and oppression. We want our charity to be a place where our staff and people who use our services are respected and engaged. Ultimately we want to make life safer, easier and better for as many people as we can.